Friday, March 27, 2009

Skatepark Near My House


This park just opened right down the street from my house, so if you're reading this then you should come visit me this summer to skate. Seriously though, I went there yesterday and there must have been 200 kids skating this place. As you can guess, I was pretty much sucking the whole time. Sweet! The benches are made of granite, which is awesome. The halfpipe has pool coping made of granite, which is not very awesome. This place has tons of possibilities if you can get there when there aren't a million kids. Oregon parks usually consist of gigantic pools and bowls with a street course that boasts a bench and a four set. Benedict park is a welcome change from the usual hesh course. East coast skaters rejoice!

4 comments:

  1. Sign me up for the trip. That little ollie up/dip/bump thing looks fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better get here before school is out for the summer. I have a feeling the only time I'll be able to skate here is at 7 am. Plus, there's a bunch of cool shit that isn't in the vid. Come on out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be in portland this summer. so let's get up early and skate that sob. dude ya there is a park under the manhattan bridge. it isnt great but it's tons of funs. It is crowded as shit at all times. the tony hawk foundation is going to renovate the place, which means it will be even worse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. when you coming to p-land dog?

    ReplyDelete